Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) is back for 2022 and sure to put you in the holiday spirit! On select nights from November 8 to December 22, this hard-ticketed Walt Disney World event brings the holiday festivities to the Magic Kingdom with special fireworks, a stage show, parade, meet and greets, treats, and complimentary cookies and holiday drinks.
Tickets for 2022 are already sold out. However, if you already have tickets, here is what you can look forward to at the party plus some helpful tips.
What to See at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show
Hosted by Minnie Mouse herself, this incredible fireworks spectacular over Cinderella Castle brings plenty of holiday cheer and features classic Christmas songs like “Deck the Halls” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” There is only one fireworks show during each party, so you won’t want to miss this!
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
Catch this stage show in front of Cinderella Castle. Join Mickey and friends as they dance and sing a medley of holiday favorites! There are multiple showings of Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration scheduled during each party.
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
This classic holiday parade features Mickey and friends in their Christmas finest along with characters from Toy Story, Frozen, and Wreck-It Ralph, and more. There are also iconic characters like the toy soldiers, gingerbread men, and Santa Claus!
What to Do at MVMCP
Tomorrowland Speedway, Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, and the Jungle Cruise all get decked out in Christmas theming for MVMCP! Drive around the festively lit Tomorrowland Speedway Race Through the Holidays; Ride Space Mountain – Holiday Run with a special holiday soundtrack and lighting; spin around the Mad Tea Party with one of four special holiday mixes and special lighting; enjoy the festive cheer and jokes with the monsters at the Laugh Floor; and laugh along as the Jungle Cruise transforms into the holiday pun-filled Jingle Cruise!
Other attractions that are open during the party include:
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Splash Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
Head over to Rockettower Plaza Stage to join Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski, and Stitch for a Christmas party.
At Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe, join in on the dance party with holiday friends like Santa’s elves.
Disney Junior Jingle Jam
Your little ones can dance with their favorite Disney Junior characters like those from Fancy Nancy, Vampirina, The Lion Guard, and Doc McStuffins at Storybook Circus.
Disney PhotoPass Experiences
Pose with your favorite Disney characters in their Christmas costumes or get some festive Magic Shots! For Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary, there are also three special interactive photo locations with holiday scenes. One is in the courtyard by Cinderella Castle, another is in Tomorrowland, and a final one is in Adventureland.
Below are some of the spots where you can find Disney characters:
- Aladdin, Abu, Princess Jasmine, and Genie (Near Magic Carpets of Aladdin)
- Captain Jack Sparrow (Adventureland Stage)
- Moana (Enchanted Tiki Room)
- Ariel and Prince Eric (Prince Eric’s Village Market)
- Belle (Maurice’s Cottage)
- Cinderella, Prince Charming, and Princess Elena (Princess Fairytale Hall)
- Snow White and the Prince, Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip, Rapunzel, Princess Tiana (Near Pinocchio Village Haus)
- Eeyore, Piglet, Pooh, and Tigger (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh)
- Doc McStuffins, Fancy Nancy, and Vamparina (Storybook Circus)
- Santa Goofy (Barnstormer)
- Minnie and Daisy (Dumbo the Flying Elephant)
- Donald, Scrooge McDuck, Timon (Storybook Circus)
- Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee (Mad Tea Party)
- Country Bears (Near Country Bear Jamboree)
- Santa (Near Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe)
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Mickey Mouse (Town Square Theater)
- Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws and Sally (Town Square Theater)
What to Eat at MVMCP
Complimentary Cookies and Holiday Drinks
Cookies, hot cocoa, eggnog, and apple cider are included with the price of your ticket. Allergy-friendly treats and healthy options are also available upon request. You can find them at several locations throughout the Magic Kingdom that are open until midnight, including:
- Columbia Harbor House (Chocolate chip cookies and hot cocoa)
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe (Snickerdoodles, hot cocoa, and allergy-friendly double chocolate chip mini cookies)
- The Lunching Pad (Buttercream frosted red sprinkle cut-out cookies and apple cider)
- Pinocchio Village Haus (Buttercream frosted gingerbread cookies, hot cocoa, and allergy-friendly Werther’s Original sugar-free candies)
- Tortuga Tavern (Buttercream frosted green sprinkle cut-out cookies and eggnog)
Additional treats are available for purchase during the party. They include:
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Lock, Shock, and Barrel Sundae
- Sugar Plum Shake
- Holiday Dinner Dog
- Christmas Tree Cake
- Polar Bear Claw
Golden Oak Outpost
- Fried Pork Tamale
- Chai Caramel Freeze
Main Street Bakery
- Cinnamon Roll
- Mickey Mousse Ornament Treat
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe
- Texas-sized Sweet Potato Pie
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Peppermint Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae
- Candy Cane Hot Cocoa
Sleepy Hollow Refreshments
- Funnel Cake Sundae
- Sandy Claws Peppermint Mousse Treat
- Apple Cider Float
Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Once Upon a Christmastime Tart
The Friar’s Nook
- Curry Brat Tots
- Tinker Bell Cream Puff
Various Carts Throughout Main Street U.S.A.
- Christmas Cookie Churro
- Christmas Wreath Doughnut
More details on the specialty holiday treats available during MVMCP and during normal park hours in the Magic Kingdom can be found here.
Schedule of Events
- 4:00 pm – Admission into Magic Kingdom with MVMCP tickets begins
- 7:00 pm – Official start of MVMCP
- 7:40 pm – Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
- 7:45 pm – A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
- 8:30 pm – Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- 8:35 pm – A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
- 9:25 pm – A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
- 9:25 pm – Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
- 10:00 pm – Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Spectacular
- 10:35 pm – Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
- 10:45 pm – A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
- 11:00 pm – Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- 11:35 pm – A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
- 11:55 pm – Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
- Even though the party begins at 7pm, you can enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4pm with your MVMCP tickert to get a little extra park time.
- You’ll need to wear your MVMCP wristband throughout the party since Cast Members will be checking for them after 6pm. You can pick up wristbands at the entrance of Magic Kingdom. If you are already in Magic Kingdom before the start of the party, you can pick up your party wristband at Market Street Welcome, Tortuga Tavern, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, or Chamber of Commerce.
- If you want to meet Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws, the line starts forming at 4pm, so hop in line if you get your wristband early.
- If you’re looking for the complimentary holiday cookies and holiday drinks, the lines tend to be fairly long right at 7pm when the party starts. If you go to the quick service locations a little later, the lines will be shorter.
- Don’t forget to pick up your complimentary ornament on Market Street, which is between Main Street Confectionery and Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. Distribution ends at 8pm. You’ll also receive a complimentary holiday-themed 50th anniversary commemorative print when you exit at the end of the night.
- For Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and the Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration, there are multiple showings. The later ones tend to be less crowded since families with little kids tend to watch the earlier showings and then leave before the official end of the party.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade starts in Frontierland and ends on Main Street, so there are plenty of good viewing areas along the route. However, if you are looking forward to “snoap” (the fake snow made of soap), stake out a spot along Main Street.
- For Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show, the hub is a popular viewing area since you get a good view of the castle projections, but the fireworks are quite expansive. You can get a better view of the fireworks themselves if you are further back, closer to Main Street.
- Dessert parties are fun, but Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace or with Plaza Garden Viewing may not be the best use of your time at MVMCP. Instead of spending more time and money to add the dessert party, go for the cookies that are included (you can get as many as you’d like) or treat yourself to the specialty goodies that are available for purchase.
- Be Our Guest and Cinderella’s Royal Table are open for dinner during MVMCP, but you are much better off having dinner before the party, so you don’t lose time dining instead of enjoying the exclusive Christmas festivities. The menus are the same as what is offered during regular park hours, so if you really want to dine at these restaurants, you may want to save them for another day of your trip.
- Disney buses, monorails, and boat launches continue to run during and after MVMCP, so you will have an easy route back to your resort.
- If it’s rainy the night of the party, bring your umbrella, ponchos or rain jacket, and shoes that hold up in the rain. This way, you can stay comfortable and enjoy all the festivities despite the wet weather!
Start planning your Walt Disney World getaway and experience the holidays at the most magical place on earth! Head over to the DVC Rental Store Confirmed Reservations page and view available reservations that can save you up to 65% off regular Disney room rates!