How Do PhotoPass and Memory Maker Work in Disney World?
Disney World vacations are the perfect time to make precious memories with family! To capture all those memories, Disney World offers PhotoPass. PhotoPass is a service through which Disney photographers take pictures of you and your family throughout the four theme parks and sometimes the resorts.
The PhotoPass service itself is free, but if you would like digital copies of those photos, you’ll have to purchase a Photo Download for a single image, Memory Maker One Day for all the photos from one day of your trip, or Memory Maker for unlimited downloads for the length of your trip.
Each time you get a photo taken, the cast member will scan your MagicBand, MagicBand+, Disney Magic Mobile Digital Pass, admission card, Memory Maker card, annual pass, or Disney PhotoPass card to link your photos to your Disney account. You’ll then be able to view and download the photos in My Disney Experience.
How Much is Memory Maker?
Memory Maker One Day is $75. If you purchase Memory Maker three days or more prior to your trip, it’s $185. If you purchase it during or after your trip, it’s $210. You can purchase Memory Maker on the Walt Disney World website. As long as you are signed in to your My Disney Experience account when you purchase Memory Maker, it will already be linked to your account.
Which Rides Have Photos?
PhotoPass can capture your photo on select attractions:
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Expedition Everest
- Frozen Ever After
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Space Mountain
- Test Track
- Tower of Terror
- TRON Lightcycle / Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
Tips for Using PhotoPass and Memory Maker
- To save money, only one person in your party needs to purchase Memory Maker. You can view and download photos from up to 25 people on your friends and family list in My Disney Experience.
- Look for magic shots throughout the parks that add characters or other fun effects to your photo! You’ll also find special ones for various holidays, festivals, and anniversaries.
- Parties like Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party have photo opportunities with special characters and themed backdrops.
- PhotoPass is available during runDisney events. You can get photos of your run as well as photos with some of the rare characters that are located along the course! These photos get matched up by your bib number.
- Annual passholders can add PhotoPass for the year for $99.
- Disney offers 20-minute photo sessions with PhotoPass photographers called Capture Your Moment. The sessions cost $99, but the photo downloads from these sessions are included in your Memory Maker.
- For a photo session with fun backdrops at no extra charge, stop by Disney’s PhotoPass Studio in Disney Springs or Sir Mickey’s in the Magic Kingdom. No reservation is needed.
- There are some fun photo ops at the resorts. For example, head to the second floor of the Grand Floridian for photos with Cinderella’s glass slipper!
- Remember to download your photos. Otherwise, they expire 45 days after they are taken.