Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Disney just announced the dates for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP)! On select nights from August 11 to November 1, 2023, this hard-ticketed Walt Disney World special event brings some frightful delights to Magic Kingdom with special fireworks, a stage show, parade, treats, and plenty of candy. As the name implies, MNSSHP offers spooky fun that is fit for the whole family.
Guests at Walt Disney World Resorts will be able to purchase tickets starting on April 27. This includes guests who are staying at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green. Tickets for all guests will be available starting May 2. For 2023, MNSSHP will take place on the following dates:
- August: 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
- September: 1, 4, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29
- October: 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 31
- November: 1
Here is what you can look forward to at the party and some helpful tips:
What to See at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Halloween Spectacular
This 12-minute fireworks spectacular with projections on Cinderella Castle is hosted by Jack Skellington and follows Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy on a Halloween adventure as they encounter a haunted house and some Disney villains along the way.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
The Sanderson Sisters take center stage in front of Cinderella Castle to cast a spell on you with the Hocus Pocus Party Potion. They also get a little help from other Disney villains like Maleficent, Oogie Boogie, and Dr. Facilier.
Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade
This fan-favorite parade features Mickey and friends in their Halloween costumes, along with characters from Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Wreck-It Ralph. There are also ghosts from the Haunted Mansion, pirates, and Disney villains. The parade winds its way from Frontierland and ends on Main Street, so there are plenty of good viewing areas. This year, Disney has teased that some new characters will make an appearance.
The Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet
Catch this ghoulish spin on the Dapper Dans in Frontierland as they sing and entertain with Halloween jokes and puns.
Listen to this pirate band in Adventureland.
What to Do at MNSSHP
Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor all get Halloween theming that is exclusive to Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party! Ride Space Mountain in complete darkness with a spooky soundtrack; spin around the Mad Tea Party with special lighting, music, and fog; and enjoy jokes at the Laugh Floor as the monsters try to learn about the human holiday, Halloween.
Other attractions that are open during the party include:
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion (Don’t miss Madame Carlotta and Madame Rinata who interact with guests in line.)
- “It’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Splash Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover
- TRON Lightcycle / Run (A 6pm virtual queue will be used during the party.)
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
Disney Junior Jam
Join characters like Fancy Nancy, Vampirina, Doc McStuffins, and Timon at Storybook Circus for this dance party.
Disney PhotoPass Experiences
Pose with your favorite Disney characters in their Halloween costumes or get Magic Shots that add a Halloween surprise to your photo, like the Hitchhiking Ghosts from Haunted Mansion! Below are some of the spots where you can find Disney characters:
- Aladdin and Abu (Near Magic Carpets of Aladdin)
- Captain Jack Sparrow (Near Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Jafar (Near Magic Carpets of Aladdin)
- Princess Jasmine and Genie (Near Magic Carpets of Aladdin)
- Alice and the Mad Hatter (Mad Tea Party)
- Anastasia and Drizella (roaming)
- Ariel and Prince Eric (Prince Eric’s Village Market)
- Belle and Gaston (Gaston’s Tavern)
- Cinderella, Princess Elena, Rapunzel, and Tiana (Princess Fairytale Hall)
- Doc McStuffins (Storybook Circus)
- Eeyore, Piglet, Pooh, and Tigger (The Thotful Spot)
- Fancy Nancy and Vamparina (Storybook Circus)
- Goofy (Barnstormer)
- Minnie, Donald, and Daisy (Dumbo the Flying Elephant)
- Queen of Hearts (Mad Tea Party)
- Timon (Storybook Circus)
- Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee (Mad Tea Party)
- Country Bears (roaming)
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Mickey Mouse (Town Square Theater)
- Jack Skellington and Sally (Town Square Theater)
- Elvis Stitch (Buzz Lightyear’s Star Command)
Join Zombies, Cheerleaders, Werewolves, and Aliens for a dance party at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.
What to Eat at MNNSHP
There’s no shortage of candy like M&M’s, Skittles, and Snickers with the trick-or-treat trails! These trails and a reusable treat bag are included with the price of your party ticket. Trails are located at:
- Aloha Isle
- Ariel’s Grotto
- Columbia Harbor House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Market Street
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Splash Mountain
- Tom Sawyer Island Dock
- Tortuga Tavern
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Walt Disney World Railroad Station
There are even allergy -friendly treats available. See a Cast Member to pick up a teal-colored treat bag, and you will receive tokens at the treat trails that can be redeemed for special treats at the Allergy-Friendly Centers. One is at the Town Square Theater by Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, and another is at the Liberty Square Ticket Office right by the Hall of Presidents.
Specialty bites and treats are also available for purchase during Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. This year, they include:
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
- Not-So-Poison Apple Pie Milk Shake
- Sweet Candy Corn Soft-serve Swirl Cone
- Pain and Panie Hot Dog
- Winifred’s Elixir of Youth
- Binx Pastry Tail
- Cold Witches Brew Coffee
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Bayou Burger
Golden Oak Outpost
- Spellbinding Fried Pie
Ice Cream Cart near Haunted Mansion
- Chilling Chamber Pop
Liberty Square Market
- Monster Cookie
Main Street Bakery
- Oh, My Gourd Cupcake
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe
- Sweet Almond Corn Cake
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Monster Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Popcorn Cart near Cinderella Castle
- Mexican Spiced Hot “COCO” Brownie
Sleepy Hollow Refreshments
- Chilling Chamber Pop
- Grave Digger Milk Shake
- Worms and Dirt Funnel Cake (Sleepy Hollow Refreshments)
Snack Cart near Cinderella Castle
- M&M’s Peanut Butter Churro
Sunshine Tree Terrace
- Jack-O-Lantern Float
The Friar’s Nook
- Hades Hot Dog
- Un Poco Logo Tots
Schedule of Events
- 4:00pm – Admission into Magic Kingdom with MNSSHP tickets begins
- 7:00pm – Official start of MNSSHP
- 7:40pm – Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular (in October)
- 8:35pm – Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
- 9:15pm – Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade
- 10:15pm – Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular
- 10:45pm – Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
- 11:15pm – Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade
- 12:00am – Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
- Even though the party begins at 7:00pm, you can enter Magic Kingdom as early as 4:00pm to get a little extra park time.
- You’ll need to wear your MNSSHP wristband throughout the party since Cast Members will be checking for them after 7pm. You can pick up wristbands at the entrance of Magic Kingdom. If you are already in Magic Kingdom before the start of the party, you can pick up your party wristband at Market Street Welcome, Tortuga Tavern, Fantasy Faire, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, or Liberty Square Ticket Office.
- Study the event times and offerings to make a game plan and prioritize your must-dos. You can easily spend half of the party waiting in line for a character meet-and-greet if you don’t budget your time. For popular characters like Jack Skellington and Sally, the line starts at 4pm, so get there as soon as you can.
- For Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade and the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, there are multiple showings. The later ones tend to be less crowded since families with little ones tend to do the earlier showings and then leave the party.
- Don’t forget to catch a spot early enough to see the pre-parade with the Headless Horseman! Then join Max Goof dressed as Powerline during the “Powerline Party Time,” and dance to “Stand Out” and “I2I” from A Goofy Movie.
- If you watch the 9:15pm showing of Mickey’s Boo-to-You in front of Cinderella Castle, you’ll be in a great spot to stay and watch Disney’s Not-So-Scary Spectacular fireworks shortly afterwards.
- If you want a better view of the incredible Jack Skellington puppet during the Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular, stake out a spot in the hub closer to the stage in front of Cinderella Castle. For a better perspective of the fireworks (including the perimeter ones), find a spot further back towards Main Street.
- Costumes are permitted during the party, but keep in mind that August through October in Florida can still be pretty hot and rainy, so dress accordingly!
- Keep an eye out for some new additions for 2023, including Minnie, Daisy, and Clarabelle dressed as the Sanderson Sisters; a pirate band in Adventureland; pop-up parties with Max Goof and his Powerline crew at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe; and a Seven Dwarfs meet and greet that will be returning to MNSSHP.
- There’s special merchandise that is exclusive to MNSSHP like shirts, Minnie ears, and pins at the Emporium.
- Dessert parties are fun, but the Mickey’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace or with Plaza Garden Viewing may not be the best use of your time at MNSSHP. You’re already spending on the party ticket, and there are plenty of special treats to enjoy and things to do outside of the dessert party.
- Be Our Guest and Cinderella’s Royal Table are open for dinner during Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, but you are much better off having dinner before the party, so you don’t lose precious time dining instead of enjoying the Halloween festivities. The menus are the same as what is offered during regular park hours.
- Disney buses, monorails, and boat launches continue to run during and after MNSSHP, so you will have an easy route back to your resort.
Start planning your Walt Disney World getaway and experience Fall and Halloween at the most magical place on earth! Head over to the DVC Rental Store Confirmed Reservations page and view available reservations that can save you up to 65% off regular Disney room rates!