The Disney Rides And Shows Each Age Group Enjoys
This blog came from you! You requested information on what Disney rides each age group would be interested to do at each of the parks. And we thought this was a great idea! We have listed appropriate Disney rides and shows under each age group. However, if the ride or show is in bold, it means children in this age group would probably really enjoy this ride/show. If there are numbers in parenthesis (i.e. 38 in.) beside a ride, it means all riders must be at least that height to ride.
We also recognize that not all children are alike. More sensitive children may not be ready for certain rides in their age bracket, and children who are more adventurous may desire to explore Disney rides and shows that we placed in a higher age bracket. You know your child best, so we encourage you to read through this with your child in mind.
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station – lots of fun – especially on a hot day
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- It’s a Small World
- Liberty Square Riverboat — This age may enjoy the riverboat ride at first, but they also may get bored quickly.
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie Pooh
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Swiss Family Treehouse – This attraction has 116 stairs – so although it is appropriate, this age group may get tired quickly.
- Tommowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Under The Sea – Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor – this age group may enjoy this show, but they may not understand the humor.
- Astro Orbiter
- The Barnstormer ( 35 in.)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (40 in.)
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Frontierland Shootin Arcade
- Jungle Cruise
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- A Pirates Adventure – Treasures of the Seven Seas
- Pirates of The Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (38 in.)
- Space Mountain (44 in.)
- Splash Mountain (40 in.)
- Tomorrowland Speedway (32 in.)
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – This is definitely more toward the 7 year old crowd, and even some 7 year olds will not want to sit through this show.
- The Hall of Presidents
- Haunted Mansion
Ages 2 – 4
Na’vi River Journey
It’s Tough To Be A Bug
Ages 5 – 7
Festival of The Lion King
Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail – 2-4 year olds would enjoy this too. They are learning their animals and would have fun making the sound of the animals they see. The Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail has a lot of walking, so this is why we moved it to the 5-7 age bracket.
Rafiki’s Planet Watch
Up! A Great Bird Adventure
Kali River Rapids (38 in.)
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Rivers of Light
Finding Nemo Show (40 Minutes)
Primeval Whirl (48 inches) – seasonally open, so it may be running, it may be closed.
Avatar Flight of Passage (44 in.) This has to be one of the best rides ever! I have been with others that get slightly motion sick on this. So be aware if anyone in your party suffers from this problem, they may want to close their eyes when they start feeling sick.
Expedition Everest (44 in.)
DINOSAUR (40 in.)
Pro Tip: If you have children ages 4 – 10 check out Wilderness Explorers. This is not a ride, but it is super fun for kids in this age range to pick up their scout book and become Wilderness Explorers as they travel through Animal Kingdom!
Muppet Vision 3D
Disney Junior Dance Party
Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular – Super cool stunts and explosives!
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
Star Tours (40 in.)
For the First Time In Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration
Alien Swirling Saucers (32 in.)
Slinky Dog Dash (38 in.)
Toy Story Mania!
Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (38 in.)
Star Wars: Rise Of The Resistance (40 in.)
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (48 in.)
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (40 in.)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends – may have some scary parts for toddlers, so sit close 🙂
Turtle Talk With Crush – Little ones will eat this ride up!
SeaBase – Aquarium (walk around the Aquarium – watch divers and dolphins and fish!)
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
Frozen Ever After
Living With The Land
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Ralph and Vanellope
Mission: SPACE (40 in.)
Test Track (40 in.)
Soarin Around The World (40 in.)
Reflections of China
We hope you have enjoyed reviewing these Disney rides for your little ones. If you are looking for other Disney travel tips, be sure to check out How To Choose the Optimal 2020 Disney Dining Plan for Your Family, and How To Maximize FastPass+. For fun Disney adventures for small children, check out Thirteen Unique Experiences For Little Prince & Princesses. Have a magical day!