How to Use Rider Switch at Disney World
Sometimes not everyone in your travel party wants to ride an attraction, or other times you may have a little one who doesn’t quite make the height requirement. This doesn’t mean that you need to skip an attraction altogether! Instead, use Disney World’s Rider Switch system. This allows your group to split up and take turns riding the attraction.
How Does It Work?
Head to the attraction with your entire party and ask a cast member if Rider Switch is available. If it is available, the cast member will issue a Rider Switch entitlement for the guest in your group who will wait in a designated area with your non-riding guest while the other members of your group ride the attraction. When the first group finishes riding the attraction, they will wait with the non-riding guest. The guest who was waiting to ride will enter the attraction via the Lightning Lane using their Rider Switch entitlement, so they have a shorter wait than the regular standby queue.
Note that the member of your party using the Rider Switch entitlement is able to bring one guest, so they don’t have to go alone.
Which Attractions Offer Rider Switch?
You can find Rider Switch at the following attractions:
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
- TRON Lightcycle / Run
- You still need a virtual queue boarding group or an Individual Lightning Lane in order to ride TRON, even when using Rider Switch.
- Frozen Ever After
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- You still need a virtual queue boarding group or an Individual Lightning Lane in order to ride Guardians of the Galaxy, even when using Rider Switch.
- Mission: SPACE
- Test Track
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- Kali River Rapids
- Na’vi River Journey
Rider Switch makes it easier to enjoy the more thrilling attractions, especially when you are visiting Disney World with young children. If you’re looking for tickets for your next visit to the theme parks, don’t forget that the DVC Rental Store sells discounted park tickets!