How to Try a DVC Resort Before Buying
Try Before you Buy
Maybe you’ve heard about this thing called Disney Vacation Club (DVC) where members get to wake up with animals right outside their balcony, not have to pay parking fees, or get to swim in the best pools at Disney. Have you ever wondered if the DVC life was for you, but you’re unsure if you want to commit to becoming a DVC member?
Why not try it out for your next Disney vacation! You too can get a “Welcome Home!” from Disney’s top resorts! You’ll get to experience all the special things DVC members do and decide if DVC membership is something you want to invest into in the future.
How do you trial being a DVC Member?
DVCRentalStore makes it super easy to rent a Disney Vacation Club Member’s points with their reservation process and payment plan! What do you need to do?
1. Decide where and when you want to visit Disney
Each Disney Vacation Club Resort provides deluxe accommodations, outstanding signature Disney service and its own unique theme. Choosing your Resort all depends on your preferences. If it’s all about location for you – then you should know that Boardwalk and Beach Club Villas are within walking distance to Epcot. Likewise, the Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower, and Polynesian are all a quick stop away from Magic Kingdom on the monorail!
If you want to spend time at the beach this year, then Hilton Head Island Resort or Vero Beach Resort are the places you want to look into for your next vacation!
If you want to wake up, walk out onto your balcony, and see giraffes, warthogs, gazelles, ostriches, wildebeests and all sorts of other safari animals, then Animal Kingdom Lodge is your next destination! This is one of my favorite resorts just because it’s like waking up at the zoo – only it’s better! Children and adults alike take great delight in staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Once you’ve finally decided where you want to stay, then you must calculate the number of points required for your vacation using our online Points Calculator. Simply plug in where and when you’d like to stay and the calculator will figure the points for you.
3. Determine the cost of your accommodations.
In that same points calculator, you can scroll to the top and click the “$” sign and it will show you the exact price of your desired vacation.
Feel free to compare your cost against Disney’s pricing. You could save up to 65%!
At no cost, we will check availabilities and provide a no-obligation quote to you within 48 hours. Our Travel Advisors respond to these requests as quickly as possible, and they will work with you to find the best resorts that will make your specific reservations magical!
5. Submit a $100 security deposit.
Book your villa with a $100.00 security deposit per reserved villa. Here are a few things to know:
- This deposit must be received prior to DVC Rental Store sending your information on to one of their renting Disney Vacation Club members.
- This deposit is applied towards your full deposit if a reservation is secured.
- If your request cannot be fulfilled, you will be given the opportunity to book other villas/dates/resorts. If they are not satisfactory to you, your $100 security deposit will be refunded.
- You will forfeit your initial $100 security deposit if we reserve your stay and you decide not to go forward.
6. Wait & check your email.
Once we get your $100 per reserved villa booking deposit, we go to work for you. We will begin to market your request which may be secured very quickly or it may take several weeks depending upon the resort and/or travel dates you requested. We’ll contact you as soon as your request is claimed by a renting member and your stay has been reserved. We’ll supply you with a Reservation Confirmation Number once your stay has been booked. You will be able to confirm your reservation via Disney’s website using your reservation number.
7. Submit the remainder of your deposit
- The remainder of your deposit is equal to $11.00/point less your $100.00 security deposit and is due within 48 hours of receipt of your confirmation number.
- If you don’t have the money to DVC Rental Store within 48 hours, the $100 security deposit will not be returned and will be absorbed for work performed on any secured reservation
- The remaining balance on your reservation must be paid in full 45 days prior to your arrival date. (You may pay by MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Diners Club, or ACH bank transfer)
- Please note that due to the fact that a Disney Vacation Club member’s points expire on an annual basis any cancellation can threaten the use of those member’s points. For this reason all payments are non-refundable.
You can always get the “Cancel for any Reason” Point Protection Plan that you must add at this time in the process if you want it. The cost to add the PPP to your reservation is $1.90/rented point with a minimum of $190.00 and must be purchased when making the balance of your deposit payment for your DVC reservation. This option lets you cancel for any reason – no questions asked – up to three days prior to your check-in date.
8. Return the e-signed Rental Agreement via email.
Once you have made your deposit payment, the DVC Rental Store Team will send you your Rental Agreement (sample) – This is a legal document between you and your Renting Member which contains the protections and requirements for your reservation.
You will also receive the Point Protection Plan Agreement if you have chosen to purchase the optional “Cancel For Any Reason” Point Protection Plan for your reservation. This is a legal document between you and the DVC Rental Store which contains the protections, requirements and Cancellation Tier Dates for your reservation.
Do you like living your best DVC life?
If you enjoy your time at Disney using DVC points, you are always welcome to continue renting points in this fashion. You may also look into becoming a DVC member yourself! When becoming a DVC Member, you can always buy directly from Disney, but we’ve found that DVC Resale Market with Nick Cotton and his team can help you find the best resale property for you! Once you are a DVC member, check out our blog on how to maximize your DVC membership!