Please be aware that Disney may close some resort facilities or amenities when they deem it appropriate for either maintenance or renovation. These closures may be minor or extensive. The DVC Rental Store receives no notice of these closures prior to the information being released to the General Public.
Please understand that due to our legal agreements with the member and changing resort availability, the DVC Rental Store is not able to alter or revise your accommodations, resort or travel dates once your reservation has been secured.
Also, be aware that your agreement with your Renting Member ends once you have successfully checked into your resort. Once you have successfully checked in, no compensation will be made by the Renting Member or the DVC Rental Store for issues that arise at the resort during your stay. These include but are not limited to villa location issues, villa condition issues or noise issues. All such issues should be addressed in person with resort management at the front desk. Disney will not usually offer a solution to any issues after you have checked out of your resort.
Refurbishments and Announcements
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village
- “Soft Goods” Refurbishment—blocks of villas will be closed off. The affected villas will have curtains, carpets, bedding, and upholstery refreshed. There should be little impact felt by guests staying in other villas. This refurbishment is expected to run from July 2016 to early 2017.
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- In an ongoing effort to improve the quality of Disney’s BoardWalk Villas and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, some facilities and offerings are currently being refreshed. To avoid damage to personal items due to painting or exterior construction, we suggest that you bring all personal belongings from your patio or balcony inside during the work hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- The resort is in the midst of a refurbishment project that will refresh nearly every aspect of the resort. The refurbishment project will begin in early 2015, and will continue throughout all areas of the resort for approximately 20 months. The public areas of the resort will be remodeled. The theme will remain the same, but will bring fresh decor to a hotel that has remained largely unchanged since it opened in late 1990. The resort will remain in operation during the work.
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- A “hard goods” refurbishment will begin in early 2016 and will last for approximately 3 months. All guest rooms will be outfitted with new furniture, flooring, appliances, linens and more. Plans also call for the addition of a twin-size sleeper in all Deluxe Studio villas, raising maximum occupancy of those rooms to 5 guests.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Disney has started to advise guests arriving in the fall of 2015, that a number of leisure and recreation amenities will be unavailable beginning October 26, 2015, and will continue through 2017. The main impact will be to the Hidden Springs leisure pool, the resort beach, the playground and the fire pit. During the closure of the leisure pool, the main feature pool will continue to be open as normal. The nature trail, boat and bike rentals, and spa treatments will also be unavailable from October. The project will see the addition of 26 waterside bungalows, similar to the recently opened Bora Bora Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort although the Wilderness Lodge units are not built over the water. Also, part of the plan is an expanded pool area, a new restaurant and recreation areas.
Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Bay Cove Pool will be closed for enhancements from Monday, February 1 to Friday, March 18, 2016. The Main Pool at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will remain open for your enjoyment during this refurbishment period.
- “Soft Goods” Refurbishment—blocks of villas will be closed off April 2 – October 14, 2016. The affected villas will have curtains, carpets, bedding, and upholstery refreshed. There should be little impact felt by guests staying in other villas.
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort
- The resort is in the midst of the most extensive renovation project in its 20-year history. The refurbishment project began in January 2016 and will continue throughout the end of the year. Most aspects of resort guest rooms will be updated including flooring, appliances, fabrics and furniture. The resort will remain in operation during the work with work limited to the hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm.