Tap to call
Blog
Go back to Blog page.
Rent Your Points

How a DVC Member Can Pay Dues By Renting

November 9, 2021
By

“Dues are convenient and fun!” – said no DVC Member EVER! In fact, annual DVC dues show up right after Christmas – when your bank account has just taken a hit from the holidays. Call it Murphy’s Law or whatever you want, but it also seems to be when all the other bills are showing up – the heater needs fixing, the school tuition bill needs to be paid, and your car unexpectedly needs a trip to the mechanic.

What if you could easily pay your dues and be done for the year!?! Well – you can! Let’s suppose you are a DVC Member with 200 points at Bay Lake Tower (a premium resort), and the annual dues come in at $7.08 per point. That breaks down to about $1,416.00 in total dues.

DVC Rental Store can rent your points out at $16 a point (that’s the best deal out there, friends). So let’s say you rent 90 points to DVC Rental Store, get your $1,440 in cash to cover your member dues, and you still have 110 points to use for the year!


How does a DVC Member rent their points?

How do you get started? It’s super easy and you can watch this video or read the steps below!

1. Fill out your agreements

Fill out our Point Rental form letting us know your name, address, and email.

You’ll then sign our Intermediary Agreement (sample) and W-9 once it shows up in your email from Formstack. After that’s all filled out, you’ll receive an email detailing how to set up a DVC Rental Store Member Center Account.

We have the highest payout of any DVC point rental company!

Reservation TierResortPayout
Gold 7-11AK, AUL, BC, BLT, BR, BW, CC, VGF, Poly, Riviera, VGC$16.00 per point
Silver 7-11SS, OKW, HH, VB$14.50 per point
Bronze 0-7All Resorts$14.50 per point
Current payouts as of 11/9/2021.

Many factors will affect the amount of time it may take to rent your points. Some of these include use year of your points, amount of points available, and home resort.

2. Create your account in our Member Center

You will want to add how many points you have available that you want to rent and also the use year of those points. We will also ask you if you are open to borrowing or using banked points to fill a renter’s accommodation request. This information will allow our team to make the best recommendations possible for renting your points.

3. Check your email for offers or Claim Open Listings

This is where we work with the guest and Member Services to find available accommodations for their request. Guests let us know when they would like to vacation and at which DVC resort they’d like to enjoy.

Once we confirm availability with Member Services and they match your points, we’ll contact you via an email offer. You’ll need to act fast…we’re talking 1 hour! Availability is extremely time sensitive so you will need to be able to reserve immediately if you are awarded the reservation. You will then provide us with the reservation confirmation number upon booking.

Another option to match your points is to browse our Open Listings within your DVC Rental Store Member Center Account. Open Listings represent guest requests that we have received but have been unable to match based on the point information we have available. Once claimed, our Reservation Specialist Team will reach out to you with the next steps to book the reservation.

4. Review & E-sign the rental agreement we send to you

After the reservation has been made, both you and the guest will electronically sign the Rental Agreement (sample). Your e-signature constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions.

5. You get paid.

We will then send you 75% of the funds due to you via PayPal (you may open a PayPal account here), check, or ACH bank transfer. We withhold the remaining 25% until the day of check-in (your final payment will be made the next business day after the guest’s check-in for Saturday and Sunday arrivals) in order to ensure the guest that you have not canceled the reservation or done anything to impede their resort check-in. There are no receiving fees deducted from your payment when you receive your funds via PayPal.


Curious about how many points you’ll need to rent to cover your dues. Head to our friends over at DVCFan.com for current annual dues estimates! You can also use our DVC Rental Income Calculator to enter your resort & point information and determine how much money you can make by renting your points!

Paying for your dues by renting your points couldn’t be simpler, and our team here at DVC Rental Store is here to help you through every step along the way!

Related Posts

December 3, 2021
NEW Galactic Starcruiser and Disney Wish Details Shared
Disney VIP Tour
December 1, 2021
Save up to $500 on a Disney World VIP Tour
November 30, 2021
Best Holiday Sights at Walt Disney World 2021
Facebook Twitter Instagram