Tap to call
Rent Your Points
Rent Your Points
dvc guests
Blog
Go back to Blog page.
Riviera Resort

What to Know About Renting Points: Payments

April 12, 2022
By

We are taking a closer look at some DVC point renting basics.  While we have talked about availability in a previous blog, today we are going to focus on another element of the point rental process: payments.  The DVC Rental Store makes renting easy and beneficial for both guests and DVC members, including the payment process.  For guests, this means low upfront payments.  For members, this means payouts of up to $18 per point, which is more than any other rental service offers.


How Do Payments Work for Guests?

The DVC Rental Store has two different ways for guests to rent points: Confirmed Reservations or Check Availability and Price.  If you are comparing resort options through the Check Availability and Price process, the DVC Rental Store will collect a $100 security deposit to hold your place while the team searches for a reservation that matches your request.  If the reservation cannot be secured, this deposit is fully refunded.  If your reservation is secured, you only need to pay 25% of the total cost upfront (minus the $100 deposit).  The remaining 75% of the cost is due by 75 days prior to your check-in date.

If you are reserving a Confirmed Reservation that has already been booked by a DVC Member, a member of the DVC Rental Store team will provide purchasing instructions once you submit your request form for the desired listing.  Accepted forms of payment include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Diners Club, and DVC Rental Store Credit.


How Do Payments Work for Members?

Your payout rate depends on your home resort and the timing of when you rent out your points.  Between the 7- and 11-month marks, you will receive $18 per point for home resort advantage at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Aulani, Beach Club, Bay Lake Tower, BoardWalk, Copper Creek, Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, Riviera, and Grand Californian

Hilton Head, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, and Vero Beach owners will receive $16 per point between the 7- and 11-month marks. 

Under the 7-month mark, owners at all resorts receive $16 per point.  

As a member, your full rental payment is guaranteed as long as you follow the rental and intermediary agreements, and the guest makes their initial payment to the DVC Rental Store.  Once you book a reservation for a guest and complete a rental agreement, you’ll receive 75% of the rental payment upfront and the remaining 25% once the guest checks in to the resort.  The DVC Rental Store offers payment via PayPal, company check, or ACH bank transfer.


All in all, the DVC Rental Store keeps the renting process smooth and simple for guests and members.  Interested in renting points?  Contact the DVC Rental Store today to get started!

Related Posts

October 3, 2022
Stay at Disney’s Riviera Resort for Cheap
saratoga springs
September 21, 2022
How to Find the Best DVC Rental Deals
September 8, 2022
The Sunshine Flyer: The Best and Most Affordable Disney Airport Transportation
Facebook Twitter Instagram