A Frozen Summer Fun Planning and Touring Strategy – DVC Rental Store Blog
This August I spent a day at Hollywood Studios participating in the Frozen Summer Fun Events. I know there are other places you can find touring strategies but I am just going to give you a quick glimpse at my day and what I found worked out best. So here we go, lets slide into some Frozen Fun (Pun intended!)
1. Arrive at the park at Rope Drop. Pick up an Olaf fan to use throughout the day (FREE!) We headed straight to Premier Theater to grab our tickets for the 12:30 PM show for the Frozen Summer Fun Sing Along. After grabbing our tickets we had a detour as Disney picked us for a video. After that hour we headed to the Wandern Oaken’s trading post to check out the merchandise. There was no line at this time. This was before the Frozen Processional was about to take place.
2. Frozen Processional viewing. If you are NOT concerned about where to sit and watch the show, I would recommend near the American Idol Experience. If you ARE in need of a seat in front of the stage for prime viewing then I would arrive very early, at least by 10:00 AM.
3. After the parade, we headed for Star Tours and had a five- minute wait. Though, please be advised, a lot of people who watched the parade will also head this way. If you don’t have a Fastpass then don’t get in the Fastpass line. There was much confusion about this near that ride after the parade because of the chaos. It might be worthwhile to head in the opposite direction.
4. It was then time to head to the Sing Along, which I believe was the most fun part of the Frozen activities. Before getting in line we bought a Frozen special juice (When asked the cast member what was in it, she explained that it was just fruit punch and ginger ale) The Sing Along is very funny for the adults and the kids just have a ball singing their favorites. Line up early!!!! I cannot say this enough even if you have a ticket you should arrive early. If you arrive late you may end up sitting in the uncomfortable gym style bleacher seats for thirty minutes (Flashback to high school).
5. It was 1:35PM and time for lunch at Sci-FI Dine-in Theater, which is always a hit. I would highly recommend to anyone on a budget as the prices are reasonable and the food is great. We headed back to our resort to check in and then rest.